cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replying with a pin code in automations

Dunhamhernando
Community Member

I have an iSmartgate, and when using Google home or assistant to open or close the garage door it asks for a pin.

I want to run an automation at night to close any garage/gate that is open,  however the it requires a pin code to open or close the garage.
I've tried adding the pin code on same line, seperate lines, with commas etc.
eg.
line 1 "close garage, 1234"

line 1 "close garage, pin 1234"

line 1 "close garage, pin=1234"
or in two lines,
Close garage

1234/pin 1234

how can you use automations on devices that need a pin?
thanks

5 REPLIES 5

ogsv
Community Member

This is probably not helpful, but on my door lock it works sending it as two separate Custom Actions.

1) "Unlock the front door"
2) "<pin>".

If that doesn't work for you, it must be something with the integration of your door controls.

HBHATTEN
Community Member

I'm having a similar problem with my schlage wifi keyless front door lock. Once added to Google Home, I can access the lock but I can't control anything on that lock because it's asking for a pin. Where would I find this pin?  I even tried using the pin I created on the keyless entry itself for when I come and go. If this isn't a quick fix I guess I can continue to use the Schlage app that I've had for a few years now. 

ogsv
Community Member

I don't know the Schlage system, but on the Nuki I was asked to set a PIN when linking my Nuki account to Google Home (which I then proceeded to forget about completely, and only rediscovered when I unlinked and relinked the accounts in a desperate try to get the unlock with PIN to work from Google Home...).

thanks ogsv,  i did try two separate lines for the command and then the pin, but still didn't work, i'm thinking I might need to add a delay to the comments or somehow in the first line feed the pin so it recognises it.

RyanG
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I have an ismartgate and it keeps on asking for my PIN. Even when I tell it the right pin it keeps on asking for it. I have checked the PIN number and it is correct not sure what to do now. I have contacted ismartgate and they have told me it is a google problem.