cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest hot water schedle time slot limitations

EJ_34
Community Member

I've just had installed a Nest Thermostat. I cannot get a hot water schedule to accept a nn:45 minute slot and Googling the issue results in many comments and complaints with regard to this particular restriction; it appears that only a minimum 30 minute slot is possible.

My previous digital programmer allowed any time slot and it is inconceivable that for a so called Smart Thermostat this flexibility cannot be replicated. Had I known this, I would have steered clear of Nest and even now I may be forced to ditch andf loook for an alternative. Come on Google, surely you have the expertise to give your customers, who have invested in your product, the flexibility that they are used to with not so smart systems.

Considering how this particular issue has been steadfastly ignored could it be that you are too big to be concerned with something you regard as being trivial but is of high importance to your customers who are attempting to introduce a high level of efficiency in their heating systems in order to reduce the high costs associated with keeping them warm in today's climate.

1 REPLY 1

DC24
Community Member

Same here. I want to heat water 4.45 to 5.15am. Nest makes me heat from 4.30 a 5.30.  182 hours a year of wasteful heating.