cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast AI voice is back.

Madshifter
Community Member

So the AI transcribed messages are back when broadcasting. It's no longer broadcasting my messages as is anymore... AGAIN. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

8 REPLIES 8

Arioni
Community Member

Yes, it's broken again, same here, tried the same steps as the last time, issue persists, they deployed something that broke it again... Unfortunately we wont be able to use the feature until they fix it, no workarounds, if it keeps happening, I'm sure a lot of people will migrate to a more reliable option. They killed the option of internal calling the home devices saying that the broadcast would suffice, now they screwed up the only option they left available. Good job.

@Muddi kindly advise what is going on and when it will be resolved. I just added new preducts to the lineup of nests and am regretting it already. 

dchurch315
Community Member

Would anyone from the Nest team like to weigh in? Running every broadcast through speech-to-text has to be eating up a lot of computing power that could be used for some AI training or another product. I know this has happened at last twice before but it would be nice if their was some official statement and/or a timeline to fix.

realjax
Community Member

Its pathetic.  I guess google has significantly lowered job requirements when hiring programmers since they seem to have no clue.

Dallysparkles
Community Member

i hate it it is Aweful... what are they even thinking? Why are they fixing something that isn't broken?... i'm going to bet there is some plan in the works to start charging us for extra services and one of the extra services is now going to be the option to turn this rubbish off...

Dallysparkles
Community Member

So it wasn't broken and now they are trying to fix it.. it's not usable.. the speakers ping... then there is a 10 second delay then finally AI speaks but it's only half a message and we have no idea who it is from. Google just put it back the way it was. please just relay the message as it's recorded and as spoken by the person.. what are you even trying to do?.. if it persists i'm going to have to turn the whole system off. so far all i use google for is to ask it what time it is, what the weather is and mainly for Broadcasting messages over the nest of googles to tell kids to go to bed or come and get their dinner.

beeagee
Community Member

This is AWFUL.  Does it have to do with the "changes" (aka removed features) on account of the recent layoffs?  Or these changes to Google Assistant which involve using your own voice:  https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/13971691?hl=en&sjid=8386472822659379084-AP????

bch
Community Member

Yep, noticed this yesterday.  Again!   Man, this is frustrating.   It's worse this time.   Try to broadcast....you hear a ding....then 5 to 10 seconds later a horrible attempt by the assistant voice to broadcast your message in her voice.  

Google:  Is this something that you are doing on purpose?  Can you be honest?  Yes or no?????