cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google home is frozen will not boot

Andre9595
Community Member

My google home has 4 white lights. Did fhe reset procedur (power cycle 10 time) and did power cycle 10 times and hold mute. Still same result. 

1 Recommended Answer

JulienetManue
Community Member

At the electrical connection !

JulienetManue_0-1702742513224.jpeg

After 5 Second

JulienetManue_1-1702742513225.jpeg

If I press the Reset button

JulienetManue_2-1702742513225.jpeg

If I press the Reset button at the electrical connection

JulienetManue_3-1702742513226.jpeg

After 5 second (press the Reset button at the electrical connection)

JulienetManue_4-1702742513226.jpeg

When i release the reset button

JulienetManue_5-1702742513226.jpeg

View Recommended Answer in original post

11 REPLIES 11

jasbday52
Community Member

Google sent out an update on Monday that disables most google home devices that are out of warranty. If you have an older google home product like a speaker it will probably be dead now. They are forcing user to purchase newer equipment by bricking their old equipment. Thanks Google!

This is strictly not true, I have 2 further Home Minis that are out of warranty, and they continue to work, whereas the third one is bricked. It may have been an update that caused it, but it's not solely due to them being out of warranty.

Andre9595
Community Member

This cant be serious. 

Unfortunately it appears so. There are hundreds if not thousands of reports of the same thing. 

JulienetManue
Community Member

At the electrical connection !

JulienetManue_0-1702742513224.jpeg

After 5 Second

JulienetManue_1-1702742513225.jpeg

If I press the Reset button

JulienetManue_2-1702742513225.jpeg

If I press the Reset button at the electrical connection

JulienetManue_3-1702742513226.jpeg

After 5 second (press the Reset button at the electrical connection)

JulienetManue_4-1702742513226.jpeg

When i release the reset button

JulienetManue_5-1702742513226.jpeg

Did that fix it?

Nope, the trashbin fix it

homix
Community Member

Hi guys, 

What do tour think about write on Twitter tagging @ google and @ madebygoogle ? 
It seems that on Twitter they are repling. Let's invent an hashtag such as #googlehomebricked

The internet cannot remain indifferent

jasbday52
Community Member

I called yesterday and actually got a supervisor on the phone. "They are aware of the issue but per Google's policy they will not provide any replacement of out of warranty equipment. " I was then told that I would need to purchase a new device. They would not even entertain a discount on new equipment. 

I don't think Google is a company worth dealing with. I  took their advice an bought a brand new Alexa. Echo dot. It arrives yesterday and the sound is 1,000% better than the Google home speaker.

Side note:

When I told the Amazon representative about what Google had done he gave me a 15% off code for the new Echo. Now that is looking out for your customers. 

Google would not even discuss a replacement or a discount on a new device even though they broke it.

Time to say goodbye to Google products.

They really couldn't care less about their customers!

Valen
Community Member

Same problem with my Google Home and your solution is exactly a copy paste of my solution 😂 welcome Alexa 👍