cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete my orphan Local device from Home app please!

Canyoume
Community Member

Under Devices in the Home app there is a device under Local Devices.  In particular a TV: a Chromecast?  When I hold my finger on the device name it just shows 1 of 5 pictures that might be showing on the device.  There is no option to delete this device: no settings: no rubbish bin - it is not associated with a device in my Google account.  I have tried signing out of all of my Chromecast sessions under my Google Account.

I want to delete this device as it appears under all casting menus in all of my music and radio apps.  

What should I do?

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

This simply means the device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone, but was not setup by you and/or is not part of the Google Home structure you're looking at. There is no way for you to remove it aside from disconnecting it from your Wi-Fi network.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

This simply means the device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone, but was not setup by you and/or is not part of the Google Home structure you're looking at. There is no way for you to remove it aside from disconnecting it from your Wi-Fi network.