cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google home fail to link philips hue

bbat888
Community Member

Hello.
For some time now I've had a problem with Google home: my philips hue lights no longer work.
This prompted me to unlink / link my Philips hue account. Unfortunately, since then I've been unable to connect it, and I keep getting the same error: "could not reach philips hue".
I've since tried everything I could find on the internet (reboot the bridge, my internet, my phone, create a new hue account, "clean up" in the hue app, uninstall google home, from another phone, ...)
Note that everything works from the Philips hue app. But I can no longer control my lights by voice.
Someone have an idea, I do not know what to do!
Thanks a lot!

1 Recommended Answer

bbat888
Community Member

I was finally able to find a solution that wasn't ideal, but functional.
From my old phone it didn't work, but from my wife's phone it did.
I don't know if it's because the Google account isn't the same, but it works with the same Hue account.

View Recommended Answer in original post

45 REPLIES 45

Rokkr7
Community Member

My issue ended up being due to my wifi routers DHCP server spanning multiple subnets. Once restricted the range to the same /24 subnet I was able to detect and reconnect Hue to Google home. 

xlinds
Community Member

i just recently experienced this same issue where google home said all my phillips hue devices were unreachable and i unlinked accounts and was unable to re-link phillips hue. my fix was logging into the phillips hue website > click on the profile picture in the top right > my phillips hue system > and then deleting google from the apps that it was connected to. i went back to relink it and it finally worked.

Robg1664
Community Member

Use Alexa, that’s the way I’m going as Google is now about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. They are succeeding in losing customers 

Robg1664
Community Member

Found on another thread. Delink account then Unplug bridge from power for 10 secs, relink through google home app

Google home just say can´t reach Philips Hue. Iam getting so frustrated with this

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this same problem. I realized it was because I have VPN on my phone where I was trying to to connect. Once I turned it off I was able to connect.