cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home app unlink services

About_to_leave
Community Member

Since yesterday all my Hue went offline, reconnecting and following different guides didn’t help, as we have removed all power switches I am TOTALY relying on Google Home and backup Sonoff switches.

After giving up on making Hue work again I try to unlinking my services from Google Home, Sonos, Tuya, Siemens etc. 

But this is impossible it has same issue as linking services, the status worms turns and ends with Could not reach xxxxxx. Please try again

And for references, I can login to Philips Hue and remove consent, if I link service again in home app it will grant permission again, but Home App still writes Could not reach. Please try again.

I am trying from Google home IPad and different mobiles.

Best solution make Google Home work.

Alternative drop Google Home and move to Apple or Alexa

12 REPLIES 12

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hue just did an update to their hub, it's possible something went wrong there.   Can you control your lights through the hue app?

Please try a full power cycle, so router, all bulbs, etc.  after this try to relink, then "hey Google, sync my devices" 

I don't have any issue in another app then Google Home.

As I write I can't unlink ANY of the link services sonos, smart things, tuya etc.

Couldn't reach or Oops something went wrong.

My google device gives error after voice command Sync Devices 

So logical it's Google Home that is the failure point 

Okay, so onto my second point, did you do a full power cycle , including your router and device you are using Google home on?  

Hue bridge several time, router (Routerboard 1100 AHx2)  twice.

And watching network traffic for the Hue Bridge I can see egress and ingress to specific IPs that are registered with Google

And also Ipad and the mobiles I tried from

Can you log out of the Google home app, then log back in please? 

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You can also try 

- Open Philips Hue app

- go to Settings, scroll down to "Smart Integrations", tap "smart home" and select "other app" (you may need to tap + in the top right corner first)

- tap "get pairing code"' then tap "next" and you'll be presented with a 11 digit code... Copy this code!

Next:

- Open the Google Home app

- tap the "+ add" button

- select "new device", make sure your home is selected and then tap "next"

-select "Matter-enabled device", then "setup without QR code" and then paste the code that you copied from the Hue app.

I have tried that but it doesn't find anything.

And still doesn't solve I can't unlink any services - tried from ipad several mobiles same error.

I don't see a way to log out of Google home nearest is Remove from this device.

About_to_leave
Community Member

And I just tried from wife's Home app as she is invited to the Home

Same issue Couldn't reach

About_to_leave
Community Member

After unlink of Smartthings it's still presence with 2 devices, but the 2 TVs can not be seen in Devices.

Is this forum the only way to get support from Google?

About_to_leave
Community Member

Testing in SmartThings adding Philips Hue no problems 20 sec and it's linked and can control Hue lights

About_to_leave
Community Member

Investigating a little further I found this link

https://myaccount.google.com/accountlinking

And here you can unlink services direct even services you don't see in Google Home app, so basic testing no Philips Hue registered, then I Link service in Home app that returns error, but going to the above links Philips Hue is registered.

I have a Miele dishwasher never registered, so I try linking I Home app, same error as Philips Hue and yet again in above link it's registered.

So everything points to Google Home App, but iPad same issue, different phones same issue.

Hey Gogo sync devices returns error but errors has changed, first it complained about HomeConnect so linked again same error, Sync Device then said it couldn't connect to Samsung S23+ plus, Sync devices no returns Sorry something went wrong and I am not able to control your home device.