cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Xiaomi mi bedside lamps 2 are not appearing on the app

allbeasts
Community Member

I have been using 4 x Xiaomi mi bedside lamps 2 since more than a year ago, but after the last google home update they are not appearing on the app anymore. On the mi home account I see only 1 device now (mi fan 2 pro) I lost 4 devices. Tried to log out from the mi.com account, reinstall mi home and google home, tried to reconfigure the mi lamps... Even tried to install yeelight app, there I can see the 4 lamps as well but when I try to add the yeelight account to google home it says that no compatible devices were found.

1 Recommended Answer

EvilPhil
Community Member

I also adressed this via feedback in the Mi Home app. You can select the lamp directly there an send some screenshots and videos and write a message. I'd advice you guys to do same, the more complain, the faster they fix it.

Just click on "help and feedback" in the App, select the product and add a description and a Screenshot or Video. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

70 REPLIES 70

EvilPhil
Community Member

I've got the exact same problem. I allready called the xiaomi hotline and asked for any problems on their side. But they confirmed that no changes were made recently. They also said, that I should check if Google made an Update on Google Home and check if any authorizations were posibly resetted.

Did all that, also reconnected the lamps and the mi home app, with no success, still all devices in mi home, won't appear in Google Home. 

LaurentB
Community Member

Same issues for me with my 4 Mi Bedside 2 !

EvilPhil
Community Member

To me it seems like Google removed the skill or is blocking certain devices from 3rd party manufactures in the new version of the app. 

Any idea, how we could address this to support ?

I don't know, I will keep investigating. Thanks for the comments

found this address and escalated the problem there, let's see

#

googlehome-support-eu @google.com

I also made a post about this issue in German Xiaomi community forums. It's in german, because that's where I'm from, but you could run it through translate.
Unfortunately no answers yet, but many views and likes, which of course doesn't really help.

https://new.c.mi.com/de/post/37235

Following the Xiaomi<>Google Home problem, I deleted a mid-bedside 2 lamp and re-associated it: since then it no longer appears on Alexa and Smartthings. Could there be a problem at Xiaomi?

It happened to me too. I also had my mi account linked to Samsung Smartthings, they also disappeared there.
It might seem like a problem with Xiaomi in general. But as I mentioned before, I called their support hotline, they said, there's no known issues on their side. Hard to belief somehow.

Lev808
Community Member

Just notice that my Mi home is offline, If I remember correctly something similar happened last year and it was a sync issue between google and xiaomi, Not the end user.

JamesFoxhall
Community Member

Cant believe this has happened to me too! Been pulling my hair out and can't believe it's only today it's happened! Added some new yeelight GU10's to my account this afternoon and the bedroom lights are nowhere to be seem anymore. Tried all the tricks and nothing. 2 lamps now not showing or working after working completely fine for years. I hope they sort this out soon, will they even listen and read this. Im contacting google as I type this waiting in chat. Hope they fix it ASAP.

Vulcanoid1975
Community Member

I have the exact same thing, two Bedside Lamps 2 (that worked for the last 2 years at least), that disappeared overnight.

Did all the removing, resetting, Yeelight App, Mi Home and everything else ... nothing ... 

Posted on Twitter with https://twitter.com/XiaomiSupport:
https://twitter.com/vulcanoid/status/1722902707197907373

No response yet ... 

Same here 

Bannman
Community Member

Currently the Mi Bedside Lamp 2 does not appear on Google Home, I have tried using the Xiaomi and Yeelight app and it does not appear on Google devices. I cannot use my voice to turn on and use the lamp. It just disappeared from one moment to another. It happened a while ago with light bulbs, but in this case it only applies to a specific product. 

Soufiane
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue, since few hours and i didn't find a solution 

petros93
Community Member

I've been having the exact same issue and going crazy all day today. I have other Mi Home devices that work fine it's just the bedside lamp. 

Have tried resetting it and setting it back up. Unlinking and relinking a million times. As someone said sometime a few years ago the same thing happened from Xiaomi's side and nothing was working with Google for a while and then they fixed it. Hopefully it will be fixed again. 

Lucas-Campora
Community Member

Same issue over here. Hope they will fix this ASAP

EvilPhil
Community Member

I also adressed this via feedback in the Mi Home app. You can select the lamp directly there an send some screenshots and videos and write a message. I'd advice you guys to do same, the more complain, the faster they fix it.

Just click on "help and feedback" in the App, select the product and add a description and a Screenshot or Video. 

Did that as well ... no response yet ... two days and counting ... 😔

Did that too

Snag
Community Member

Same here.Like why do we have to go through this?? The main function of the lamp is to be connected to a smart home, and now it can't do that! Disappointed at you google-xiaomi

Smsa3010
Community Member

Same problem 

Annita
Community Member

I have the same problem... 😞

Patrikcz
Community Member

Same problem here 🤛🏻🤛🏻🤛🏻🤛🏻

goa48
Community Member

I also have the same problem. I sent feedback via the Mi Home application and I encourage others to do the same.

EM3
Community Member

Exact same issue here. Really unacceptable!

imopen
Community Member

Same issue also for me, after a reset I've managed to make the lamp reappear on Google Home but it remains offline, while on Xiaomi Home it does work. Sent feedback to Xiaomi via app.

iCEVooDoo
Community Member

Exact same issue here. Starting from today… Very weird…

Lev808
Community Member

SOLUTION!!!! 
In your google home app, Go to settings  then Add +"services" then "works with google" , Navigate to your mi home and do a reconnect.
That fixed the issue for me and now all works as it should.

Mi home had updated its terms lately hence the sync issue. 

imopen
Community Member

Mine remains offline, it appears on Google Home but as disconnected. Does work on Xiaomi Home.

Bannman
Community Member

Nothing yet in my case, I try to reconnect and it still doesn't appear on Google home.

josecdmt
Community Member

@Bannman wrote:

Nothing yet in my case, I try to reconnect and it still doesn't appear on Google home.

Same here... 😞

LaurentB
Community Member

I tried dozens of times to reconnect the account but it never worked

Does not work for me ... did that many many many many times already ... 

KNA
Community Member

If didn't work for me unfortunately... Same issue... 

Stop hacking my account and using my identity.

Hacking has nothing to do with this ...

Xiaomi changed something on their end and the device stopped being identified by Google Home, it's not your account it's everyone

madCase
Community Member

Same for me. Had the Problem since two todays, reconmected very often the Account and the Lamps did Not appear but today it suddenly worked by reconnect the Account. Appeared again as strangely as they left 😞

EvilPhil
Community Member

Already tried that a couple of times, didn't work for me.