cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing connection to new phone and wifi to Nestcam not working!

HJM64
Community Member

I had my camera connected to my other phone and now need to reconnect it to another phone- does not have to be on both but it will not either give me the list of last 4 digits of serial numbers or connect in anyway...HELP! I have tried deleting apps and rebooting and unplugging router etc but nothing works it just keeps saying that oops something gone wrong! It sure has. Do you use Google Home or Nest as it seems to go wrong whichever you use!

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@HJM64 

However, if you've also changed your Wi-Fi network, you should know that Google Nest does not make it easy to update Wi-Fi settings. That's why their first recommendation is to set the network name (SSID) and password on your new router/modem to the same values you were using on your old router/modem. If you can't do that, then the general process is to remove the camera from the Google Nest app or Google Home app while on your old Wi-Fi network (as appropriate), do a factory reset, and then reinstall.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9223711

You also have to reinstall the camera in the appropriate app; 1st gen cameras and doorbells get installed in the Google Nest app; 2nd gen cameras and doorbells get installed in the Google Home app.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@HJM64 

When you get a new phone, you do NOT reinstall your camera in either the Google Nest app or the Google Home app.

Instead, you simply sign onto either the Google Nest app and/or the Google Home app on your new phone using the exact same username and password you were using on your old phone.

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@HJM64 

However, if you've also changed your Wi-Fi network, you should know that Google Nest does not make it easy to update Wi-Fi settings. That's why their first recommendation is to set the network name (SSID) and password on your new router/modem to the same values you were using on your old router/modem. If you can't do that, then the general process is to remove the camera from the Google Nest app or Google Home app while on your old Wi-Fi network (as appropriate), do a factory reset, and then reinstall.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9223711

You also have to reinstall the camera in the appropriate app; 1st gen cameras and doorbells get installed in the Google Nest app; 2nd gen cameras and doorbells get installed in the Google Home app.