cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest outside camera cable developed a fault

Sarahhicksferna
Community Member

My nest outside camera has not been working correctly for several months and it turns out the cable is faulty, I apparently can not replace the cable but have to purchase a new camera! As the system is only about 4 years old this seems ridiculous, I realise it is out of guarantee, but to have to but a complete new camera is such a waste of resources.

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

Google seems to be out of stock on the power adapters for the Nest outdoor cameras, but Amazon has a "Runseed" USB replacement power adapter with 15 foot cable for $32.  I can't tell for sure whether it's compatible, but the reviews seem to indicate that it is.  Note that this one is not for the IQ camera.

The Nest technician saud that you could not replace the cable as it came as a whole unit with 5he camera

Doesn't it depend on what part of the cable went bad? If it's the adapter that went bad, you might be able to replace that portion (except they aren't available anymore).  If it's the cable from the camera to the adapter, then you're out of luck.