cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New nest cam after dropcams

Torkmnstr
Community Member

So I have been a dropcam user for 10 years and now the delete of them has happened, I used the google offer and got the 2 replacement cams. (Appreciate it google)  But I am not to happy that I can't schedule them like I could with my drop cams.  

Any word on if that will be offered?  Also, does my account for recording transfer over as well?

I have one older Nest cam on the app that allows me to schedule which is cool, but will we loose the nest app and only use google home at some point as well?

Thanks

Tom

1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Torkmnstr 

Whether your existing Nest Aware subscription includes your new 2nd gen cameras depends on whether you have the old 1st gen Nest Aware subscription (which is per camera for 1st gen cameras only) or the newer (since 2019) 2nd gen Nest Aware or Nest Aware Plus subscription, which covers all 1st gen and 2nd gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells in the same Google Nest "home/structure".

I believe that if you cancel a 1st gen Nest Aware subscription in favor of a 2nd gen Nest Aware subscription, you will get a pro-rated refund of the unused portion. (The same does NOT apply if you cancel a 2nd gen Nest Aware subscription.)

Here's the current Nest Aware price list:

https://store.google.com/product/nest_aware?hl=en-US&modal=upgrade-pricing

I'm just another Google Nest customer and so have no idea whether or even if scheduling will be added for 2nd gen cameras. And Google Nest has not disclosed any future plans for the Google Nest app.