cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't set up voice match for chromecast

Boudreauxsknow
Community Member

Every step of trying to use this device has been hair pulling. The only reason I bought this is for casting photos/videos from the Google photos app on my S22. Casting produces a lot of lag and stuttering especially on videos. I did some googling to find a solution and someone suggested that you can access Google photos from the Chromecast device itself. In a bizarre design choice, you seemingly cannot access Photos without using voice assistant by asking "show my photos"

However, voice assistant requires some special kind of set up instead of just working. So I go into the Home app> settings> Google Assistant> Voice Match

At the bottom of this screen is a message: "To set up Voice Match, you'll first need to add a device in your Home app"

The device is already added in my Home app, in fact, it's the only device in my home app. I have removed and added it several times. I'm wondering how I should proceed here. There have been other issues besides this, and I've now invested about 4 hours into trying to just get my Google Photos onto my LG C1 TV. 

Thanks for any help.

0 REPLIES 0