cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Need Help Connecting Chromecast 4K to a New Network Without the Remote

mbaclawski
Community Member

Hey everyone!

I recently faced a bit of a tech hiccup while on vacation. I brought my Chromecast 4K along to stream my favorite shows but forgot the remote at home. 😅 I thought I could easily connect it to the hotel's Wi-Fi using my phone, but turns out it's not that straightforward.

I've tried various methods, from attempting to connect via Bluetooth to fiddling with different settings on my phone, but no luck. The main challenge is changing the Chromecast's Wi-Fi network without the remote, which seems almost impossible at the moment.

Has anyone faced a similar situation? I'm looking for a workaround to control my Chromecast with just my phone, especially to switch it to the right Wi-Fi network. Any tips or tricks would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Unfortunately, Chromecast with Google TV devices require the physical remote to set them up.

If it was up and running, you could do some controls using a Virtual Remote on a compatible phone or tablet:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/11221499

But, the actual setup steps require the physical remote.   There is no way around that.