cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google camera video history on a windows 11 pc

dkwoodard
Community Member

Hello Google camera community - I recently purchased 6 Google Cameras for around the home and they work great on my Samsung S22 Ultra.  However, I would like to see the recorded events from my Windows 11 PC.  I see my live video great but I need access from my PC to see the historic purposes.  I see a lot of web results that were from two years ago from mentions from Nest to Google Home but I do not see the changes those discussions were about.  I hope that the Google team is still working on improvements from a PC.  Please let me know what others know about and think about.

Thanks,

Don

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@dkwoodard 

Unfortunately, the beta "Public Preview" home.google.com website has provided only live streaming access to Google Nest cameras and doorbells since it went live in Oct. 2022 with this announcement:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Check-out-your-cameras-on-the-web-with-Google-Home/ba-p/...

We are all still waiting for it to have the same capabilities as the home.nest.com website.

View Recommended Answer in original post

14 REPLIES 14

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@dkwoodard 

Unfortunately, the beta "Public Preview" home.google.com website has provided only live streaming access to Google Nest cameras and doorbells since it went live in Oct. 2022 with this announcement:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Check-out-your-cameras-on-the-web-with-Google-Home/ba-p/...

We are all still waiting for it to have the same capabilities as the home.nest.com website.

The google instructions clearly state the video history is available on the right side of the screen ! 

Thank you! It looks like this feature has just been added!! Looks great and I’m very happy that history has been integrated into the web view.

@Derolf 

Yes, video history has been rolled out in the last two weeks on the home.google.com website, for 2nd gen cameras and doorbells.

Would love a screen shot as I don't see that for my brand new cameras 

@Derolf 

If we click on our 2nd gen battery camera, so that it is in focus, we get the same event history on the right-hand side of the screen shown in the Google Nest post (https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Google-Home-Access-camera-history-and-download-clips-fro...).  Uploading of screen shots is failing right now fore some reason.

The rollout of this new feature was happening gradually; we didn't get it right away.

Ra14
Community Member

Ra14
Community Member

#

Ra14
Community Member

Ra

NestHomeUserX
Community Member

I have the same problem, I had all nest products which I loved. Then I was forced to migrate it all to google home and it has a horrible UX with no history. Why does the price of nest aware keep going up if I get less features from the google home web viewer?

@NestHomeUserX 

If you migrated your Nest Account to a Google Account, you can still use the Google Nest app AND the home.nest.com website for your 1st gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells.  We've been doing that since 2020. (Google Nest says they're working on adding functionality to the home.google.com website.)

The ability to TRANSFER selected Google Nest cameras (not doorbells yet) from the Google Nest app to the beta "Public Preview" version of the Google Home app is optional, and can be reversed: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Nest-Cam-Outdoor-1st-gen-expanded-support-rolling-out-in....  We are not on the "Public Preview" version.

Thank you, I know the transfer from Nest to Google is optional/reversible for older Nest products, but I have also purchased new Nest products (the latest gen wired doorbell x2) and those do NOT work with the old Nest app. So my options are to either have two separate apps for my cameras (one web viewer with video history and one without), or migrate everything to Google to have it in one place. I attempted keeping my older products in the Nest app, but I was constantly prompted to transfer to google. It's a great option if you don't mind having two separate apps with constant pop-up transfer prompts and different functionality for your cameras /s. 

It's been over a year in this state. How long does it take them to progress this feature?

@NestHomeUserX 

Sigh.  I don't know how long it will take them.  We've been using two apps for over two years, ever since we bought a battery camera in Sept. 2021.  We're not using the beta "Public Preview" version of the Google Home app because it still excludes our Google Nest Hello Doorbells and still lacks many important Nest app functions: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/13038234#zippy=%2Cnest-app-only-features, not to mention (as you pointed out) the loss of access to the more capable home.nest.com website). I guess that's why we've also never received a pop-up transfer prompt.

dkwoodard
Community Member

I know Google is going through a lot right now with misjudgments on their overall product choices going to market need I mention the latest debacle.  However, I feel that the Google Home app is being ignored and the customers like me (us) are suffering from their lack to focus on this market.  I did nor do not want to go down the rabbit hole and move over to Amazon based products - never liked them and never will.  But that is just me and I feel that the general public is getting discouraged by Google's ignorance and lack of commitment to this market and everyone else will make the move.  I hope I am wrong and I only 'hope' that Google makes a bigger commitment in 24'.