cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have purchased three Nest/Yale Locks and can’t pair them with Connect NA013 issues

LOCKVICTIM
Community Member

Hello fellow Nest Yale Lock suffers! I am writing to see if anyone has had any real luck getting past the dreaded NA013 error code that a lot of folks have had issues with. I spent 2 days and 5.5 hours dealing with a variety of their 1 tech support folks some nice some not so nice and they all read from the same play book. Reset connect, hard reset lock, move your router, take all nest device connected to your account offline and or try to create a new home.  This might be a good solution for that person new to Nest and only has one item but if you live in a  5000 sqft home and your house is filled with Nest product (all by the way working perfectly) cameras, protects, thermostats, and a working front door Nest/Yale lock, its just not a reasonable request to disconnect all these devices in the off chance hopes that you will be able to pair that one lock. I have read numerous posts and I see the tech support responses and it’s like they know there is a clear engineering issue but still continue to persist as if any of these trouble shooting methods actually will work. To date I have not found anyone that has successfully got past this treaded NA013 error code. I have even read some posts where the support makes it sound like its our (the folks that spend good money for these products) fault that the lock wants to pair with the thermostat  and that we should correct that….WHAT??? You guys write the code for these devices fix the long standing issue(s). Things are so bad with tech support that even though I was assigned a case number and bumped up to sr. Tech support I have been unable to speak to anyone. They conveniently send me emails in the middle of the night asking if I still have issues and give me some ridiculous steps to take that the tier one folks have already given me…dont they read the case notes. I reply to these emails and have begged to have them send me a number so I can speak to someone live, or I would take time off work so I can take their call at their convenience as I just want this matter resolved.  Nothing. Not sure what has happened in the last two years as I had a door lock hooked up to the app and WiFi working perfectly fine till I had to upgrade the network I had in the house. After that could not re-pair that one lock, so I decided to change the color and get a brand new lock….same issue. Returned that lock got another one….you guessed it same issue. So needless to say if you have gone thru any of this I feel your pain it’s absolutely the worse experience and I would not wish this on my worst enemy. Nest was a great company before Google bought it now its riddled with bugs and flaws and worse NO ONE REALLY TO SUPPORT THESE PRODUCTS. Don’t get me wrong there are some support folks that try and mean well, but there has to be folks with greater depth knowledge as anyone can attest if you have owned and used these products for several years you basically have the same knowledge if not more than a tier one tech. So if anyone on this platform that is a consumer not a tech support google employee that has actually had luck getting past the NA013 issue PLEASE SHARE! 

0 REPLIES 0