cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to hear a chime instead of voice on Nest Doorbell

Jules2323
Community Member

I just set up my nest doorbell with Google home speaker. Every time the doorbell rings, the loud voice says "visitor front door." How can I change it so only a chime sound plays in the Google speaker? The chime switch isn't available in my settings bc it uses battery power.

727447CE-6DCA-47E7-8632-FFF63A53D10B.png

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Jules2323 

Other customers have also asked for a chime sound only on "Visitor announcements" on Nest Hubs and Nest Minis, but there currently is no way to do that. By the way, the "chime switch" in the Google Home app is only for your indoor chime connected to a transformer when the doorbell is wired.

Jules2323
Community Member

Wow, I can't believe they won't just program that in! Do you know if there is a separate chime I can purchase through Nest that works with the battery doorbell?

@Jules2323 

I don't think so.

Hi folks,

I appreciate the help, MplsCustomer.

I can confirm this feature isn’t available, but our team always appreciate the feedback. Keep an eye on the Google Nest Community page https://goo.gle/2JvnMRy for any updates. Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours if I won't hear back from you again. Feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Check out this link on how to file feedback.

Thanks,

JT