I have a Nest Hub Max and use Google Home to control several devices (Hue, Arlo, Tahoma, ...). I also have 2 Ledvance SMART+ Blootooth plugs which used to work fine until a couple of weeks ago. One day, my routines (to switch them on and off at specific times) stopped working. The plugs were showing off-line in Google Home. First, I removed them from Google Home to re-install them but Google Home doesn't find them any longer. I have factory reset the Nest Hub. No success. I also installed the Ledvance app on the iPad from where I control the Google Home app and this app sees the plugs. So, the bluetooth on the apps seems to be working fine. I can also connect my Nest Hub via bluetooth to my phone, which means that bluetooth on the Nest Hub also works. But the plugs are not connecting/seen by the Nest Hub. What can be wrong here?
Thanks for posting and for being a step ahead of us.
I know how it feels when something isn’t working as it should. You can try to reset the plugs then set them up again to the native app and then link it back to Google Home app. Observe if this will make a difference.
Looking forward to your response.
Thanks for the response Juni.
I have tried that twice meanwhile, including a reset of my Nest Hub. It makes no difference. But as stated, the native app of Ledvance detects both plugs without any problem.
Any ideas how I can test whether the problem is with the plugs or with the Nest Hub?
Thanks for trying that. Sorry that you are still experiencing the issue. Could you try to create a new home and set up your Nest Hub and smart plugs there, then observe if this will make a difference? Check the steps below on how to create a new home.
Let me know how it goes.
I had already tried that but to be certain, I tried it again. First fully reset the Nest Hub and then added that to a newly created home. Still the plugs don't get detected. There is a strange thing though: after resetting the Nest Hub max and letting Google Home detect new devices, it finds 2 Nests. The first one being Nest Hub Max and another one Nest Hub which is called EO :)). I made the initial set up with Nest Hub Max but then afterwards it still sees this EO:)). But no connection with it is possible. Very strange
We're sorry for the trouble this may have caused you. Could you give these steps a try:
Thanks for your response Alex and for taking the time.
Unfortunately, I'm afraid this doesn't help:
None of these actions have made the plugs detectable for the Nest Hub. It is very strange. They should connect easily via the Bluetooth of the Nest Hub. And they, for almost 1 year. And all of a sudden they were dropped and I couldn't reconnect. They do connect to the LedVance app on my iPad.
So, the only root cause for this that I can think of is, that the LedVance plugs are no longer compatible with the latest software version of the Nest Hub