cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s discuss: New features now available for the script editor in Public Preview

GoogleNestTeam
Community Manager (Admin)
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey everyone,

As of today, our script editor in Public Preview now supports camera event types as starters, custom notifications, suppression, and more. If you haven't already, check out our blog: camera events, custom notifications and more now available in the script editor in Public Preview

Which new features are you excited to try? With custom notifications now available, what’s something you would love to create? We'd love to hear how you are using the script editor, let’s discuss in the comments below. 

Quick reminder of  helpful guidelines when sharing your automations in the Community discussion forum: 

• Use clear and concise titles in your post. For example, Automation Script: Water the lawn in the mornings.
  • Include why you created the automation. Describing what this solved for you may inspire others to try it out. For example, "My schedule can vary a lot during the week so it's helpful to add a few conditions to create the automation flexibility I need."
  • Share the script in text format. Copy and paste your automation script so that other users can learn from what you’ve created.
  • Do not include personal information. To ensure your safety, security, and privacy, make sure your custom automation doesn’t include any personal information you don’t want to share.
  • Use the category “Sharing an Automation.” Using the correct category helps other community members find your post.
58 REPLIES 58

I tested again today and it now works.

I solved the problem with the video doorbell. It is now shown to me. The problem was the name.

However, the problem with messages for certain people still exists. In general, notifications to all household members work, but for some automations this is not necessary. It would therefore be great if the error did not exist that the person is not part of the household.

Another question:

How do I get a smart speaker to play a specific song or sound in the script editor.

Hi. How did you solve the problem? What name did you choose to make it work?

I changed the device from "front door" to "doorbell". It was probably a problem because my contact sensor had the same name.

Unfortunately still nothing new. Notifications to household members don't work even after three weeks. That's really a pity.

Hey @il_Capitano_25 - Are you still having issues with the notification action in your script? It should be fixed as of last Friday but let me know if you're still getting errors so I can follow up with my team. Thanks!

Unfortunately yes. The error continues to appear that I am not a household member, even though I am offered the members to choose from

The automation and notification to individual household members now works. This is extremely helpful.

hallivaeh
Community Member

Hello, is the familiar face event already working for everyone? I still don't see it on my end

I don't think so, nothing to see on my end too

bramvmb
Community Member

Did anyone get the custom notification working? 

Also with the familiar face I can't add 'faceName' to the starter? It give's an error...

ramblur
Community Member

Still not seeing device.event.FaceFamiliarDetection in device starters. I have nest aware and the new cameras.

Hey, it only worked for me after the free trial period of nest aware.

DJNattyD
Community Member

I've got a automation set up that turns on the light in my hallway when my Nest camera detects motion using device.event.MotionDetection. This works fine, however, device.state.MotionDetection doesn't seem to be supported by any of the Nest cams which means I can't have that same light turn off when there's no motion unless I use a time.delay action. 

NickP-Dublin
Community Member

I'm trying to set up a familiar face routine to turn the lights on if it recognises one of us returning home after sunset. However the "faceName" option (in the example from the blog) seems to be throwing an error when I validate. Has the method of specifying the recognised faces changed?

metadata:
  name: Lights On After Dark # Choose a short name that summarizes important starters and actions, like “Sunset lights”.
  description: If Nick or Kevin arrive home after sunset, turn on the evening lights # Write a detailed description that includes everything the automation does, like “At sunset, on weekdays, close blinds, turn on lights to 50%, and play the sunset playlist on certain speakers.”

automations:
  starters:
    - type: device.event.FaceFamiliarDetection # A familiar face has been detected by the camera.
      device: Front Door - Front Door
      faceName:
        - Nick
        - Kate

condition:
    type: time.between
    after: sunset+60min

actions:
    - type: assistant.command.OkGoogle
      devices: Lounge Speaker - Lounge
      okGoogle: Turn on the evening lights

im in exactly the same situation, from what i can tell the "faceName" doesnt seem to be a valid command?

il_Capitano_25
Community Member

I just saw that there is a "TimerStartCommand" action. But this is not offered to me. I thought that this type of device would also include the Google Nest Audio and Hubs. But that doesn't seem to be the case, does it?

It would be great if I could start a timer on another device.

homeautofreak
Community Member

Still no support for faceName?? After all this time you should think google could manage something as simple and obvious  as this. You do have the functionality and just need to put it into the api. I'm truly disappointed especially since you do use it in your example! 

Community Member

ngarlo