cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnOff starter for Android TV not working

lasantosr
Community Member

I've tried to mimic the example "Dim lights and lower blinds when living room TV is on after dark" but it never triggers (i've removed the condition, just in case).

I'm using a Sony Android TV (KD65A8BAEP)

Is the state.OnOff starter actually working for Android TVs? 

4 REPLIES 4

SirHappyCat
Community Member

Curious, if you try building the automation through the Google Home App, does the starter then work?

I have an LG TV and I'm also experiencing some issues. OnOff works for me, but input switch detection does not work; however, it works through the mobile app. I'm guessing the script editor isn't matching whatever the mobile app is doing to get it working.

I didn't notice the App itself added new starters, I wish there were a changelog or an app changes feed.

I've just tested a regular routine and it didn't work either, not sure if it has something to do with the TV itself or what is happening.

GPatricia
Community Member

If the OnOff starter for your Android TV is not working, it is recommended to try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Power cycle the Android TV: Unplug the TV from the power source, wait for a few minutes, and then plug it back in. This can help reset the system and resolve minor software issues.

2. Check the remote control: Ensure that the batteries in the remote control are functioning properly. Replace them if necessary. Also, make sure there are no obstructions between the remote control and the TV that might be affecting the signal.

3. Verify the connections: Ensure that all the cables connecting the Android TV are securely plugged in. Loose connections can cause power-related issues.

4. Software update: Check if there are any available software updates for your Android TV. Updating the software can fix bugs and improve overall performance.

Regarding the mention of cryptocurrency trading in the answer, it is unrelated to the issue of the OnOff starter for an Android TV not working. However, if you have any specific questions or need assistance with cryptocurrency trading, feel free to ask, and I'll be glad to help you. 

I've tried all of the above steps but it's not working