cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can I enable Nest thermostat seasonal savings

BlairC
Community Member

Is it possible to restart a seasonal savings period? Just as this feature was enabled for the heating season, we had family visiting with an infant and adjusted the thermostat to keep the house much warmer than usual, and for longer periods. The Seasonal Savings period ended and our manual adjustments to the thermostat seem to have removed all the benefits and the heating system runs more often now.

2 REPLIES 2

sueb
Community Member

It's my understanding that there's nothing you can do to reset seasonal savings. I wish it were possible, too!

You can, however, enable the auto-learning and home/away assist in settings which should help you to regain some savings. Also, check your schedule and set what you want. That should override what the seasonal settings "learned" during your unique circumstances. Good luck! 

BlairC
Community Member

Thanks. I have been using the presence sensing and learning features, and also I had used the schedule. When the seasonal savings began, I noticed that the furnace was running less often each day while Nest was making the seasonal adjustments. Guess I'll just have to wait until next season 🙄. Thank you again for your reply!