cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Heating coming on in middle of night

JADM
Community Member

Hi

I've had nest installed by a plumber and electrician recently. Since installed it seems to be working fine apart from it comes on (heating) randomly in the middle of the night. I've set all learning modes off with a basic schedule of on at 6am set to 20, then down to 10 at 10pm but both mornings around 2am it's gone back up to 20. Then doesn't come on at 6am as house already at 20, so comes on around 7ish when house back under 20?? Any ideas? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

wijanes
Community Member

Have you checked your Safety Temperatures setting? That sounds mighty close to the default low safety temperature, at which the unit will override your schedule. You can check/set the safety temperatures from the best app or the thermostat. 

Laurencreeden
Community Member

Check the time zone setting and he sure it is correct. Then check what you have selected during that time..comfort, eco or sleep. Whichever is selected change the temp to what you want, finish with hold temp until 10 minute or so before you want it to change so it has time to reach specified temperature

Normankean
Community Member

Ours was doing something similar, coming on four hours ahead of the set point in the morning. Go to Settings on the app, if True Radiant is on switch it off, then do a complete reset and enter your setpoints again. I suspect this happened to us when the recent software update was received. Perhaps True RTadiant switched on as a default setting.

This was the answer for me - thank you!

Andy1965
Community Member

I have had the same problem for ages.  However what I have discovered is that Nest is set up to achieve the temperature on your schedule at the time you set that temperature to start so it preheats the house prior to that, ie turns the heating on and it can be set to do that up to 5 hours prior to the start of your heating schedule. If you go into settings and then true radiant you can select a maximum duration you want Nest to preheat for during the night which I have now set to zero. Will see if that works tonight

Kath5
Community Member

I had the same query. Solved it by setting the schedule to come on 1.5 hours later. I e had it set for 7.15 to get up at eight am. So it was coming on around 3.30 or 4.am!! Crazy. I changed my schedule to 8.30 am and now it’s lovely and warm at 8.am. And it’s coming on at 6am instead. I also changed the temperature from 20 to 19. You can always turn it up when you arise. Hope this helps. 

Ronanp
Community Member

Heating kicked in on Christmas Eve at 2am, again a couple of evenings later and again last night, true radiant is off, the bacterial thing is off, rooms not below set temp, I'm at a loss

Kath5
Community Member

See my reply above. Kath5. It’s fine now I’ve changed the coming on time and temperature. Another  thing which annoys me is it’s set at 19 so it doesn’t come on at 4am. When we get up I turn it to 21 and go to the kitchen for breakfast and watch news. After a while Radiator is cooling, I go back to lounge where stat is and it’s gone back to 19!  Grrrrrr.  Drives me mad!