cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat doesn't show up on wifes phone

jdriscoll1972
Community Member

I installed my new learning Nest thermostat on my phone with no problem. I pull up the Nest app and it shows me all the information for my thermostat as well as the 2 temp sensors I added. I added my wife to the google home and she shows up under family on the nest app, but when she pulls up the nest app, it doesn't show any products. If she goes into the Google Home app, she can see the thermostat and sensor temps, so she can't operate the thermostat from her phone through the Nest app. I've uninstalled both the Nest and Google apps, removed her from the household and reinstalled both apps and re-invited her to the household and she still isnt able to see anything in the Nest app.

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@jdriscoll1972 

Do you by any chance have more than one Google Nest "home/structure"? If so, is your wife accessing the same Google Nest "home/structure" in both the Google Nest App and the Google Home app?  Is she signing onto both apps with the same Google Account (her account)?

Hello folks,

I'm chiming in to make sure you get the answer you're looking for.

Thanks for the help, @MplsCustomer.

@jdriscoll1972, it sounds like you've made some thorough troubleshooting efforts. Have you tried logging out of the Nest app on her phone and logging back in after reinstalling the apps? Additionally, ensure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and that her permissions are correctly set up in the Nest app. Please let me know if you are still having any trouble from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further.

Best regards,
Mark