cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Wifi Pro Nat Loopback issue

Fred190
Community Member

I have a Synology Nas on my network that I access from both inside and outside my Lan depending on where I am.  I use a domain address (boxname.synology.xxx.me) with port forwarding set in my google pro router.   When I am inside my Lan using Nat loopback (also called Nat hairpin) I can access the NAS  using the DN address.

The Nas and one of my Access points are hardwired via a unmanaged switch into the Lan port of the router.  

I have discovered if both my computer and the NAS is on the hardwired side of the router Nat loopback does not work.  This includes using a  wireless connection to the hardwired AP point.    If either or both are connected to the main router via wireless Nat loopback works.  

If I use the internal IP address rather than the domain name I can access it ok with both on the hardwired side.

Not sure if this is a feature or a bug?

50 REPLIES 50

ktf
Community Member

Not sure what make the the Nest Wifi Pro actually "pro".  I have tried a bunch of things including turning cloud services off.  No luck.

ktf
Community Member

I want to add that this was working for me.  I rebuilt the server inside my network and setup up port forwarding again 2 days later and it did not work.  I can access the port internally just fine.  I can also access the endpoint just fine from outside my network.  A "curl -v <url>" showed that it resolved to the correct IP but then nothing.  Its a simple tcp 80 -> tcp 80 mapping.

There is not a lot to do to setup port forwarding and I can't imagine how it was different than the way it was 2 days earlier.

Derkaramma
Community Member

I was constantly being able to, and then immediately being not able to access my server. I’m not sure if there is even an issue, it’s more than just that the router doesn’t let you connect to it. It’s definitely on google to fix. I just got over dealing with my own server and issues connecting to it so I’m hosting it outside of my net work now.

thargy
Community Member

Does anyone want 6 Nest Wifi Pro’s? I’ll do a solid deal???  Google’s support for their products is non existent.

ktf
Community Member

Yeah.  Pretty frustrating.  I had an original Google Wifi Router (the cylinder) and the merged the config app into Google Home and dropped support for bridged mode.  I had to go out and get a new router.  

I did not learn my lesson when I bought my Nest Wifi Pro...

p_x_g
Community Member

This just started working for me after a firmware upgrade. 1.63.35599

Yes!

Any more information about this version? Could you double check the version number and build?

Confirming - this appears to be working now for me as well. 1.63.355999

bpdamas
Community Member

Anyone know how to force this firmware upgrade?

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You can't. But if an update is pending and you reboot it, it will update. You can see firmware update status by going to the IP of the unit in a web browser, then /api/v1/status. Example for my Nest Wifi router main unit:

I don't work for Google.

bpdamas
Community Member

Got the update a couple days ago and it is working for me as well. Let's hope they don't screw it up on the next update.