cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G_SOURCE_FUNC error when running chef.py

Tugce35
Community Member

Hi, I want to build a virtual matter device. I'am using ubuntu 18.04. I did all the updates and followed the steps to install docker. Also glib version is GLIBC 2.27.  I did the following steps on https://developers.home.google.com/codelabs/matter-device-virtual#0

But I run code below;

./chef.py -zbr -d rootnode_dimmablelight_bCwGYSDpoe -t linux

Then, I get this error;

G_SOURCE_FUNC’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘G_STRFUNC’?
182 | GSourceFunc callback = G_SOURCE_FUNC(WiFiIPChangeListener);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
| G_STRFUNC

Can you help me pls?

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

We are not able to replicate your issue on our linux machine (Debian 11). Since the project runs on a docker container most likely this issue is not caused by the configuration within the container but comes from the system you run it on.  

We developed the codelab last year so it might be better to run it on a newer/updated system. Do you think if you can run this docker container on the newest LTS version of Ubuntu and see if this issue persists there ?

Also, make sure your are using the docker engine instead of the docker desktop for running the container. You can get it from here

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

We are not able to replicate your issue on our linux machine (Debian 11). Since the project runs on a docker container most likely this issue is not caused by the configuration within the container but comes from the system you run it on.  

We developed the codelab last year so it might be better to run it on a newer/updated system. Do you think if you can run this docker container on the newest LTS version of Ubuntu and see if this issue persists there ?

Also, make sure your are using the docker engine instead of the docker desktop for running the container. You can get it from here