cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant command as a starter to trigger webhook that returns text to speak on a Nest Mini

Gibb95
Community Member

Hi all! 👋

Goal:

How can I setup a Google Assistant command as a starter to trigger a webhook that returns text to speak on a Google Nest Mini device?

e.g. I want to say "Power status" to my Nest Mini, which results in an HTTP request to my API which returns the power outage schedule as text, which I want my Nest Mini to speak/announce.

Context:

I've tried to build a Smart Home fulfillment app with Node.js. e.g.

Codelab: https://developers.home.google.com/codelabs/smarthome-washer#1

Fulfillment: https://developers.home.google.com/cloud-to-cloud/primer/fulfillment

I've implemented the codelab as a starting point to modify for my needs.

I'm having trouble making progress because I don't know how to get my Google Nest Mini device ID in order to trigger an action.

I also can't get the EXECUTE callback to trigger after speaking using Google Assistant to my Google Nest Mini.

Does anyone have any suggestions/alternatives to achieve the desired behavior, or know what the problem could be with my Node.js app?

I'm happy to provide more detail and have a more technical chat!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 🙏

1 Recommended Answer

armen_dpe
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

As of June 23, 2023 Conversational Actions got deprecated, and will no longer be available to users or developers. You can use App actions which allow existing applications to implement Assistant-focused features. However, as of now, there is no option available to setup a Google Assistant command as a starter to trigger a webhook that returns text to speak on Google Nest Mini.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

armen_dpe
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

As of June 23, 2023 Conversational Actions got deprecated, and will no longer be available to users or developers. You can use App actions which allow existing applications to implement Assistant-focused features. However, as of now, there is no option available to setup a Google Assistant command as a starter to trigger a webhook that returns text to speak on Google Nest Mini.