cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM no access to partner information could not be retrieved

litex2x
Community Member

I am trying to use the SDM API and I am stuck at the authorize an account step in the device access guide. Instead of being redirected to my redirect uri I get a message saying no access to partner: information could not be retrieved. I am using the same google account for everything (GCP, SDM, Home). The account I am using is a member of the home in the app and I used the same account to setup OAuth credentials and device access project. I repeated the steps many times. I think there is a bug here.

1 Recommended Answer

litex2x
Community Member

This is no longer an issue after Google added support the for 2nd gen wired Nest Doorbell.

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert
  • It is likely that you might be missing a step in your project setup or credential generation. No access to partner might be due to several problems, though the most common ones include the account you use to register your project is different than the one you listed in your oauth configuration, or does not have access to the structure (home). 
  • When you are creating an OAuth 2.0 Client ID on Google Cloud Platform, make sure the OAuth Consent Screen is properly configured (GCP Side-menu > APIs & Services > OAuth consent screen). If the publishing status is set to testing, you might need to list the account manually there.
  • If you still have issues after these steps, make sure to take a look at the Troubleshooting section of the Authorize an Account step for our docs. We also do have a codelab that walks you through step by step. You can start with a fresh account and follow through the steps in the codelab.

As per my post, I am using the same account for everything.

Should I be able to get an authorization code if my publishing status is external?

You want your publishing status to indicate in production, and the user type is set to external. If the publishing status is configured as testing, you might need to list your users explicitly in the OAuth Consent Screen page.

litex2x
Community Member

Should I be able to get an authorization token even if I have no supported devices in the Google home?

litex2x
Community Member

This is no longer an issue after Google added support the for 2nd gen wired Nest Doorbell.