cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync nonMatter device information to Google

cuongngo
Community Member

When I developed the Bridge Matter application for use with nonMatter devices such as Zigbee, BLE. Because these devices already exist in our ecosystem and have information about floors, rooms, rules, scenes, and schedules. But when posted to Google, this information seems to be out of sync. Therefore, it is easy for information synchronization to occur between the two ecosystems. And provides a bad user experience. Is there a way to synchronize this information through Bridge Matter?

I tried adding the device's floor, room, and action information when performing AddDeviceEndpoint, but this information doesn't seem to be synchronized, so when the device connects to the network, Google forces me to configure this information from scratch.

2 Recommended AnswerS

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @cuongngo ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. I have forwarded your issue to the internal engineering team. Once we have any update in this regard, we will update you. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @cuongngo ,

At this time, there is not a direct path from the matter data model to handle such assignments in GHA.

If the bridge is also capable of implementing a cloud integration with Google, de-duplication of both the matter and end device can be performed and the matter device can be automatically structured.

More information in this regard can be found here.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @cuongngo ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. I have forwarded your issue to the internal engineering team. Once we have any update in this regard, we will update you. 

Hi Sipriyadarshi,

Do you have any updates on this problem?

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @cuongngo ,

At this time, there is not a direct path from the matter data model to handle such assignments in GHA.

If the bridge is also capable of implementing a cloud integration with Google, de-duplication of both the matter and end device can be performed and the matter device can be automatically structured.

More information in this regard can be found here.