cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a smart switch as a starter for a routine

NickJRees
Community Member

Afternoon all,

I have a little project I'm working on to automate a device at certain times, I'm using a Merros smart switch for this and the automation is working as expected via Google Home.

However, I would like to receive a notification whenever the device is operated/commanded on.

I have gone to "Household" selected the starter "when a device does something" and the smart switch is not an available option.
I have checked it's assigned to the correct household and is functioning correctly.

I just assume that this type of device (switch) is not planned for what I'm attempting to use it for ?

Are there any workarounds to enable a push notification or similar ?

thanks 

Nick

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @NickJRees ,

Thanks for reaching out with your issue. You can try making use of the Google Script Editor to create advanced household routines using the additional starters, conditions, actions, and advanced logic. Also, a lot of features are still under development and will be updated soon. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @NickJRees ,

Thanks for reaching out with your issue. You can try making use of the Google Script Editor to create advanced household routines using the additional starters, conditions, actions, and advanced logic. Also, a lot of features are still under development and will be updated soon. 

NickJRees
Community Member

Thanks @sipriyadarshi 

I will look into the script option and see if it can help me 👍

robanoor
Community Member

We appreciate you contacting us with this concern. With the new beginnings, conditions, actions, and complex logic, you can try utilising the Google Script Editor to develop sophisticated domestic routines. Many features are also still being developed and will shortly receive updates.

Larasophia
Community Member

Atividades pessoal