cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access Google Home connected devices through .net web application

ajayrathi2004
Community Member

I am new to this area, I am developing a .NET web application where I need to access devices (such as Wi-Fi bulbs, cameras, smoke detectors, and water leakage sensors) connected to Google Home. I am using OAuth 2.0 for authentication and user consent, but I'm unsure about which API to use for retrieving all connected devices.

The main objectives of my application are as follows:

1. Obtain user consent through the consent screen.
2. Access the smoke detector and water leakage sensors.
3. Receive notifications in case of fire or water leakage incidents.

Here's what I have already accomplished:

1. Created a project on https://console.cloud.google.com/ and set up the OAuth consent screen.
2. Enabled the Smart Device Management API and HomeGraph API.
3. Successfully displayed the user consent screen for obtaining consent.
4. Try to get list of devices Smart Device Management API, but it works only with enterprise account.

If anyone has experience with a similar task, I would appreciate assistance, particularly in the form of sample .NET code and guidance on which API to utilize for listing all connected devices. Additionally, any insights on how to receive notifications when an alert is triggered would be valuable.

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

We have two types of APIs, one of them is  Smart Home API which allows 3 rd party devices to work with Google Home App and the other one is Devices Access API which allows 3 rd parties to control google nest devices. Sounds the API you are interested in is a device access API but know that you can only control nest developed devices through this API.  

As an example you can use our codelab that teaches how to use a thermostat. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kanyewestmerch
Community Member

I just wanted to add my voice to the conversation to make sure you noticed our answer. As I will be locking this in 24 hours, if you have any additional queries or worries, kindly let me know.

ajayrathi2004
Community Member

I was reading about this and found that Google Graph API can we used for my task. so it someone used Google Graph API. please provide sample code for the same would be great help.

onecricketid
Community Member

Without fully automating the product for replication, someone transmits anything that was not fully developed as an in-home product and delivers the next stage in the device's progress. The automation of the device's evolution is stalled since the prior version was transferred, and no one wants to go back and manually upgrade the older version in the testing facility. It follows that the current edition will be flawed, and anyone who purchases one will request a refund. How do I handle this?

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

We have two types of APIs, one of them is  Smart Home API which allows 3 rd party devices to work with Google Home App and the other one is Devices Access API which allows 3 rd parties to control google nest devices. Sounds the API you are interested in is a device access API but know that you can only control nest developed devices through this API.  

As an example you can use our codelab that teaches how to use a thermostat. 

Thank you for your reply. The information you provided is valuable in terms of facilitating connections with "Nest devices." Could you please provide further details on whether Google offers any APIs that allow accessing the information of third-party devices connected to Google Home Assistant?