cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Connect Google Meet with Google Nest impossible for minors

Promexx
Community Member

I have read a lot about this topic and a lot of people are having this issue, but nowhere an actual solution was mentioned.

As an IT'er I have really tried every possible solution and workarounds but non of them have worked, so I really hope Google Employees self will see this issue and share a solution.

Parents want the possibility that their children can say "Hey Google, call mom/dad" through  their Google Nest device, but when it starts Google Nest responds with "Something went wrong, try again later...."

The problem is because the child cannot connect his/her Google (Meet) account to the Google Nest via the Google Home settings due to the age restriction. When I try to connect these two (NEST<> Meet with the child account) according to the manual in settings in Google Home, I get a restriction "error" because only members of the 'House/Home' have access to the settings on the Childs Google Home app and minors needs to be added on device level. Of course the child account (Gmail address) has already been added on Google Nest device level .

So anyone has a confirmed solution before this topic is closed?

0 REPLIES 0