cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Assistant Sometimes Offers Sentences and Examples to a Definition But Not at Other Times

Mandalorian1138
Community Member

I have a first Generation Google Home Speaker linked to my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone through the Google Home App.   I recently did a factory reset of all of my Android based devices after setting up a new Google account to start fresh.  I did some experimenting with Google Assistant by asking it to define the word "Polite."  I noticed after the first couple of tries that Assistant offered to use the word in a sentence or example, but other times it didn't offer a sentence or example after explaining the definition of the word.   After a couple of minutes, when I asked it to define the same word again,  it then offers to use the word in a sentence or example.  I noticed similar results when asking Assistant to define other words.  I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it seems to not offer examples or sentences with the defined word after I ask it to spell out the word, and then ask it to define it again.   Assistant seems to be working fine when I ask for information such as time and weather.  I don't ask Assistant to define the same word multiple times in every day use.  It was just an experiment out of curiosity.  As far as I can tell, both the Assistant and Google Home Speaker appear to be working properly.  When I setup the Google Home App, the only changes that I made to the settings were, my preferred music service, payment method, Assistant voice accent, and assigned location for the Google Home Speaker.  Everything else should still be in its default settings.  Is what I just mentioned just a common imperfection of Google Assistant, a problem that needs to be solved on Google 's end, or did I mess something up somehow?

Thanks in advance. 

0 REPLIES 0