cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Home never plays the right version of a song

RichardA
Community Member

If I ask Google to play a song it ALWAYS plays remixes or live versions. Even if I ask for the original version I still get something weird. It has gotten worse more recently too. I know I can cast but that defeats the object of Google Home. I know I'm not the only person suffering with this but I haven't been able to find a solution. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

204 REPLIES 204

aaand my issue has been closed without resolution. They are blaming Apple Music, despite this occurring with every music platform, and the fact that other (non-Siri) voice assistants handle don’t have this problem.

KJC1
Community Member

Same problem for me, normally I end up giving up and getting it my phone to open Spotify and change it to the right song, an example I just had was asking for "What was I made for", 

Instead of Google giving me the obvious Billie eilish version with 500 million streams that I'm asking for I get given "What was I made for (originally performed by Billie Eilish) - Acoustic Guitar Karaoke by Sing2Guitar"

Pretty obvious that's not what I'm looking for and this happens all the time, Google really need to sort this, what's the point of a smart speaker that won't play anything you actually want it to

jhaf
Community Member

The reason I switched from Amazon was that I heard Google’s assistant was more reliable. I’m not even a week into owning my devices, and Google will play instrumental versions of songs on Apple Music. This even happens when I specify the album/artist. Not to mention it’ll play censored versions of music randomly, even though I’ve updated the preferences to allow explicit music. Biggest waste of money. Wish I stuck with my Amazon devices. Which is sad, because it’s honestly not much better

Neuxufbfidjrbru
Community Member

Given how long this issue has been open without any official response, at this point I think it's safe to say that Google gives precisely zero **bleep**s about this issue. Hopefully folks see this and other posts before purchasing one of these expensive paperweights and buy something else instead.

buckrussell
Community Member

just for giggles i hooked up my alexa and use my google junk as just speakers. it's really sad that i'm "upgrading" to alexa lol. google, just buy chatGPT and make your assistant useful.