cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google assistant on Nest devices stopped to accept voice commands from my daughter

MSG
Community Member
Hi all!

I have several speakers and Nest Hubs in the house. Also I have wifi light bulbs from MuvitIO. It worked perfectly fine for more than 2 years until one day it stopped to accept light control commands from my daughter. When she asks to turn on/off the light the device responds "Sorry, I couldn't reach MuvitIO Home". At the same time if any other member family asks the same it works as usual. So I can ask to turn on the light, it turns ON, and right after that my daughter asks to turn it off and it says that MuvitIO is unreachable.

I checked everything I can with rules and rights in her Family Link account, I reconnected MuvitIO account, I re-added daughter to every device - nothing helps 🙂 The only workaround I came up with is to turn off her voice match on several devices so google thinks that it is my wife speaking - in that case it works ) As it doesn't work only with our daughter I'm willing to bet that it might have something to do with access restrictions and Family Link.

Would appreciate any ideas on this stupid google home behaviour 🙂

PS. Right now we found out that it also stopped to understand any other commands for her. She asked "Set the timer for 5 minutes" and I see the transcript on the screen of the Nest Hub Max which shows that it recognises her speech 100% right, but instead of turning on the times it responds "Sorry, I don't understand". Wtf? 🙂
1 REPLY 1

MSG
Community Member

Thanks for the answer, but it's irrelevant. It has nothing to do with devices or voice match recognition. As I've already mentioned Nest devices show perfect 100% recognition in transcripts on the screen, but respond "I don't understand"
Moreover, I've already found some posts on Reddit about exactly the same issue. This problem affected multiple users at the same time several weeks ago. So it is the result of some google's developers actions on the backend (as almost always).