cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google home devices not responding to home app

Joan3
Community Member

My issue is that all my devices (nest, speaker and clock) are all telling me to log into my google account.  I have recently changed my google account so I'm not sure if that's what created this issue but in the app it is showing my new google account. In the google app the settings screen for each device is blank so I am unable to uninstall and reinstall them. I have deleted the google home app (multiple times), shut my iphone off, restarted my router, unplugged all my devices and have the same result. Can you please suggest what my next steps should be?

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Joan3 

I'm just another Google Nest customer, so I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "changed my google account". These are Google Nest Help's instructions for changing your Google Nest account's email address:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/10675405?hl=en#zippy=%2Chow-do-i-change-my-account-emai...

Thanks for your reply. What I meant is when I originally set up my devices it was with a different Google account than what I’m using now. I switched to a personal Google account and it seems like that’s when the problems started. I added this new account to the home app as well. Not sure if this is at all related to the device issues but trying to share all I know to hopefully resolve it.

@Joan3 

Again, I'm puzzled by what you mean by "switched to a personal Google account." If you are simply logging into the Google Home app with a different gmail account, I don't think that establishes any connection at all with your original Google Nest account; you've simply logged on to the app with a different email address. If your intent is to change the email address attached to your Google Nest account from your original gmail address to your personal gmail address, I think you will need to follow the specific instructions on the Google Nest Help page to which I linked in my earlier reply.  I've never had to make that change, but it seems there are some nuances to how it is done.