cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google/nest and mini - something went wrong

Karenj
Community Member

all 5 of my mini/nests are having issues - something went wrong try again in  a few minutes.  I have unplugged them, reboot the internet, and factory reset them.  Sometimes they answer and sometimes they don't - maybe 50/50.  We may have had a small power outage.  Any other suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Karenj 

Have there been ANHY changes to your Wi-Fi network or internet access since all five of your Nest Minis and Nest Hubs starting malfunctioning? It seems more likely to look there than at your Google Nest devices, unless there was a power surge at the time of your power outage that damaged all five devices.

Karenj
Community Member

no changes to the internet.  We believe there was a small outage but I wouldn't think it could affect all of them.

IRMG
Community Member

What are you asking them to do?

Karenj
Community Member

normal stuff- time, set a timer, weather.  

tange1
Community Member

following - i've got the same issue.  Its getting worse and worse.  I'm not aware of changes to my network.  I did the same - resets, reboots, etc to no avail.

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

It is certainly POSSIBLE that five Nest Minis could all have a hardware failure causing them to fail to connect and reply with "something went wrong". And it is POSSIBLE that something on Google Nest's servers is causing some customers' Nest Minis to malfunction. But if all of our Nest Hubs started to malfunction, I would be more inclined to review everything about our own Wi-Fi network to see if there were some common local cause.

I suppose it's also possible that Google Nest made some change on their Google Nest servers that doesn't play well with some customers' Wi-Fi settings, though I don't know what they might be; except for specifying our network name (SSID) and password, we haven't changed any default Wi-Fi settings, and we are not seeing issues with our Nest Hubs and Nest Minis.

Trying not to hijack the tread but i have the same issue but its very intermittent.  Its fine for awhile, then i will have an issue, i wait a few seconds, try again, its good.  It's like its not respoding, but only for a short period of time.