cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google nest hub turning on at night

Wearytraveller
Community Member

I have my Google nest hub in my bedroom set to turn the screen off during low light, and low light activation to start when the room is dim. Minimum brightness is set to dark.

When I go to sleep the display is off. In the middle of the night, if I move or turn over, the screen turns on and wakes me up with its brightness, which is a bit dumb as a device supposed to aid sleep. I can't find any way to turn this off. How do I fix it? 

47 REPLIES 47

Zak
Community Member

I did a full reset on the device. We will see how it goes. 

Zak
Community Member

Update: the problem did not go away after the reset. Unlike the other users mine is activating pretty randomly. I feel like it senses when I am moving from one sleep cycle to the next and turns on the display with a message "Good evening..." and suggestions what I should do next. It feels like someone thought it was a good idea to add it in so you can interact with it more without realising that it is also activating during sleep.

Zak
Community Member

Update on the reset. The device has not wakened me up even once since the reset. I will continue to monitor the situation and update you. My suggestion to the other members is to do a reset (holding up and down volume buttons for 10 seconds) and see how it goes. Keep in mind that you will lose your settings on the device and will need to spend some time setting it up from scratch again.

zurichonline
Community Member

I have the same issue myself. I have noticed as a previous poster has too that it’s software updates that are  causing this to happen.  I’ve watched mine several times when this happens.. the screen initially goes blank, then a feint google logo shows up, then either a bright white screen or my alarms page loads up at full brightness, before going back to my usual day screen, and then finally back to the dim dark clock I have set for at night. Frustrating that they feel 3-4.30AM is a good time to push updates. 

mekk
Community Member

Following... since mine is doing the same around 4am every night, tried to change a bunch of settings without success. It was doing fine for several months, the problem appeared recently 

Gnarburglr
Community Member

Yeah I want to know If the camera or mic are being activated remotely. My ex is F’ing CRAZY and hat told people she has cameras all over the house and either camera or mic, I won’t have it. I’mma smash mine tomorrow with a maul. Period. 

NotFeelingIt
Community Member

I had this happen recently too. It was about 2-3 weeks back. It happened maybe four times around 3 AM. 

I have not seen it occur again but would love to hear if there was any specific user setting to prevent it.

joe_wht
Community Member

I -FINALLY- GOt mine to stop, but not sure exactly now.  Instead of going to Nest.com I got on my iPad Google Home App.  Click on -Cameras-, then I went to my "Bedroom Display". I went into Every Option on the left and picked anything like "do not disturb", "TUrn Familiar Face Off" .. I did everything that could apply and it worked.