cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Minis stereo pair fails

alexcannas
Community Member

I have two Huawei routers in wired mesh configuration in the house. I also have 4x Nest Minis, each pair in a room. I tried setting them up as two stereo pairs. Google home app allows me to connect them, but as soon as I do it, one of thr two devices becomes a local device and loses its room setting. The stereo pair name then stays with the other speaker which becomes completely inaccessible through the app or talking to it. The only solution is to completely reset both of them.

I've done the process at least a dozen times for each and it never seems to work.

Any ideas?

1 Recommended Answer

Yes and your WiFi is actually broadcasting in WiFi 5 at the same time for things that don't support WiFi 6, so the Google devices SHOULD work, but Support are insisting that if you have WiFi 6 enabled, they will intermittently disconnect. If you can force them on to 2.4ghz band, you might have better luck keeping your WiFi 6.

Unfortunately, I have a Deco WiFi 6 mesh that doesn't allow you to separate the bands

View Recommended Answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Biggsyboi
Bronze
Bronze

Can you please post the model of your mesh router system?

Hi, it's a Huawei AX3 Pro WS7200-20.

That is a WiFi 6 system, you might be experiencing the problem that Google Support have said that WiFi 6 is not supported on their devices. One of your speakers could be randomly dropping from the network maybe? This has also happened to me

I see. Yes they sometimes disconnect. I can try to set the network to WiFi 5 and see what happens.... Is funny cause the rest of the smart switches I have that are probs on WiFi4 level work just fine.

But thanks for the answer!!

Yes and your WiFi is actually broadcasting in WiFi 5 at the same time for things that don't support WiFi 6, so the Google devices SHOULD work, but Support are insisting that if you have WiFi 6 enabled, they will intermittently disconnect. If you can force them on to 2.4ghz band, you might have better luck keeping your WiFi 6.

Unfortunately, I have a Deco WiFi 6 mesh that doesn't allow you to separate the bands

Thank you so much!!! It did work. Not happy that is not working with WiFi6, but at least I know the root cause. I downgraded to WiFi5 and the problem is fixed!!! I may make a backup WiFi5 network and connect them there instead.

You're welcome! Glad you were able to get a workaround. In a week's time you'll know for sure if it worked - sometimes the problem can be super intermittent but fingers crossed for you

alexcannas
Community Member

I'll definitely keep an eye. With WiFi6 the stero pair failed immediately upon creation. I tried all speakers a dozen times and it always failed. With WiFi5 they are at the very least usable.