cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No music alarm?!

Bp3po
Community Member

What provision(s) have you made for people, such as myself, who have a hearing loss and disability that cannot hear your pre-installed alarm sounds on the Google Hub mini nest since you no longer/offer and stopped the Google Hub mini hub from playing music from the YouTube Music source? Which makes zero sense since Google owns YouTube Music and it's free to watch and listen to, yet, you won't allow and removed that option to be utilized as an alarm?! 

I've nerve damage in my ears. Conductive. Which means I can only hear certain tones, pitches and volume levels. Your pre-installed alarm sounds of birds chirping, babbling brooks, guitars and other sounds are too low, too soft and are not loud and blaring enough for me to even roll over, let alone, wake me up. 

None of your devices offer me to the option to download any app or to have a memory card slot so I can playback my own music as an alarm. It's ridiculous. 

I bought your hub because it replaced my 30 year old clock radio alarm, which actually works. 

So, again, what provision(s) do you offer to people with hearing disabilities to playback louder music or radio sounds to wake as an alarm, other than those pre-installed sounds that are not in accordance or accommodating to my disability needs?

2 REPLIES 2

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @Bp3po ,

I don't believe Google has any provisions to help replace the loss of the media alarms. We are generally volunteer users in this community and have no insight to the plans or decisions made.

Although not an alarm replacement, possibly making a routine to  play media at a certain time  may still work.

Please send feedback directly to Google. Just tell your device to share feedback and record your message.

Since you mentioned your hearing loss- it may also be helpful to reach out to Google's Accessibility contact. Not being able to hear the provided alarms is very much an issue worth reporting to their team. 

Thanks for your post.

SmartHomeH-TAGS
Community Member

You can still have an alarm play streamed or recorded music with the Google Clock app on your Android phone. 

If you've got an Amazon Echo speaker it can also allow you to use music as your alarm tones.