cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Problem with reconecting to wifi.

AdamLaduna
Community Member

Good day.
I've owned a Google nest mini for a few days now and I'm having a problem with it. The problem is that every second or third day it disconnects from the internet and can't connect back. It can be solved by unplugging and plugging in again, but I don't want to do that every time. And unplugging and plugging it into the household didn't help either.
So I'm asking how could this be resolved or does it need to be returned? Thank you for answer.

7 REPLIES 7

RXShorty
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi @AdamLaduna 

You could try factory resetting your Nest Mini.

Please also remove the existing Nest Mini from your Google Home App before doing the new set up after the factory reset. 😊

I'm trying to set up NEST MINI SPEAKER for the 1st time (it was used previously by someone else)....so what is your best advice for me ?   I looked up how to factory reset, but for some reason that is not working---maybe I'm missing a step or doing it wrong.   I think the directions say to turn OFF the microphone and hold your finger over the lights.....and it is supposed to allow the reset process to begin, but for some reason mine never says anything after holding my fingers over the lights.....

Also, is BLUETOOTH supposed to be ON or OFF during this process ?  Or should I choose my home WIFI Network to be connected to only during this process ?

AdamLaduna
Community Member

Thank you for answer. And please, because I still don't know much about how to work with the Google Home app, and the user manual came in Spanish, because I had lunch in the Czech Republic, so I don't know where to find the factory reset or how to invoke it. thank you for your willingness

RXShorty
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi @AdamLaduna 

I included a link with the words factory reset in my first post.

If you click this it shows you how to factory reset your Nest Mini. 🙂
Click THIS link to read about the set up of the device.

AdamLaduna
Community Member

Oh, sorry i will try it

RXShorty
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi @AdamLaduna 

No worries! Hope it fixes your issue. 🤗

AdamLaduna
Community Member

So I turned the mic switch to off and then held the top for 15 seconds it told me "this resets it to factory settings" and then removed the device from home and then added it back.
everything works as before, so hopefully nothing will happen if I write like that. Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.