cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Speaker Groups not Responding to Voice Commands

martinix
Community Member

About three weeks ago, we started experiencing problems with our Google Nest speakers. Reading online, we noted that Google reported that there was a problem with Nest Speaker Groups but we understand this was resolved. Since the speaker groups started working again, we've experienced a problem whereby Google Assistant will no longer respond to voice commands to play content on a speaker group. We've tried all the usual remedies: resetting speakers, deleting and resetting up Google Home configuration, deleting all Google Home data on Google Home app and resetting service. Despite this Google Assistant will not respond to play content on a speaker group.

The speaker groups show correctly in Google Home and content can be selected to play audio to the speaker group from the Google Home app. The problem seems to be limited to voice commands requiring content to be played on a speaker group.

Any suggestions or ideas for fixing this problem would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Recommended Answer

kelanfromgoogle
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey all,

Back again. The team pushed a fix for this Speaker group issue. It might take a little bit to rollout to all users, so please check back in if you're still encountering the behavior after tomorrow. 

Also! If you run into issues in the future, please be sure to submit feedback on your device by saying "Hey Google, send feedback."

Thank you,
Kelan

View Recommended Answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

BertBri
Community Member

I have the same problem

martinix
Community Member

Thanks for your post. Good to know I'm not the only pertain with this problem. 

martinix
Community Member

Many thanks for the link! 

kelanfromgoogle

Hey @martinix

Thanks for starting a new thread and explaining your issue - the team is aware of the problem impacting Speaker groups. We're working on a fix, but unfortunately I don't have a timeline. So sorry for the inconvenience, I'll keep you updated as I know more.

Thanks,
Kelan

kelanfromgoogle

Hey all,

Back again. The team pushed a fix for this Speaker group issue. It might take a little bit to rollout to all users, so please check back in if you're still encountering the behavior after tomorrow. 

Also! If you run into issues in the future, please be sure to submit feedback on your device by saying "Hey Google, send feedback."

Thank you,
Kelan

Many thanks. Voice commands for speaker groups working again.

Hi, mine has been responding with "sorry, something went wrong. When you're ready, give it another try"

I have been getting this response for weeks now. 

BertBri
Community Member

The voice command for the speaker group no longer automatically uses the default speaker group now. You must explicitly name the speaker group in the command from now on.

Can this be solved too?