cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Speakergroup is not recognized

Herman7523
Community Member

We have 3 Nest Hubs (2nd Gen). One in the livingroom and two in our bedroom. The ones in the bedroom are paired in one speakergroup.

On the command 'Goodnight' one of the action taken is starting a radioprogram on the speakergroup in th bedroom. Since about to weeks the speakergroup is not recognized/found.

Wen I change the routine to one speaker in works well. When I change to the group  of is not recognized.

Checked everything: latest software update, more than sufficient wifi speed ( over 150mbps), Nest Hubs to Factory setting and complete new installation, New group with a different name, but nothing seems to work.

Has anybody any idea how to solve this problem or should I switch to Amazons Alexa? 

3 REPLIES 3

FrankNL
Community Member

I have the same issue since a week or two. I have several routines to cast radio stations to a speaker group that was working fine for over a year. Suddenly the routines are doing nothing, and no error message or anything. When I cast a music source like TuneIN or Spotify to this group by hand (Using my phone manually) then the group still works.... So something is faulty using the Google Assistant. (Making a new routine did not help either.... Another infringement on SONOS software rights perhaps?) 

Herman7523
Community Member

It's a miracle, yesterday overnight the Google Home Fairy visited our house. In the morning it all worked correct again and it stil Works. In my opinion a bug in the software cause the problem.

FrankNL
Community Member

Indeed. Groups are working again in my routines. I did not change anything.