cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does my brand new Nest Hub Gen2 not have ‘Motion Sense’ in settings?

MattHK
Community Member

I’ve just bought and setup a Nest Hub Gen 2 (hooked it up to my Google Wifi router) and have been having fun exploring the settings, which I realised that there are only three options in the settings menu, and ‘Motion sense’ (for sleep tracking etc.) isn’t one of them (as it’s supposed to be). 
any ideas?

(yes, I live in a supported country, Australia). 

D935933E-FB56-4DAA-AE29-2136DA26D547.jpeg

95 REPLIES 95

MattHK
Community Member

Mine is 47.9.4.447810048, but the latest factory-reset fixed it. 
I think your issue is the geo-location problem. 😞 

Aye
Community Member

I did factory reset many times and still have this number. 
Besides, my device couldn’t connect wifi 5ghz.

Sometimes, it is able to see 5ghz in the list shown up but cannot connect though. Just 2.4 only

MattHK
Community Member

Devices like this mostly only connect to 2.4gHz. Leave the 5gHz band to phones and computers etc. 

Minixerces2116
Community Member

Exactly the same issue here, just bought mine. In the UK and no option for motion control or sleep sense.

Firmware version 1.67.330920

Software version 50.26.12.493473605

And have you (in the last week or so) done a factory reset of the Nest Hub? 
And then re-added it to your Google Home app?

Aye
Community Member

I have done the factory reset sveral times yesterday and the sleep sensing & gesture  still missing.

At first, I think it is locked by location because google still doesn't officially support Thailand but strange that happens in UK as well.

Hey! So it turned out that I was sold the wrong unit and it was actually a gen 1. Sorted it all out and got a gen 2 now and all working!

KlyBatman
Community Member

I have the same problem too. Mine was working fine but when motion sensing stopped working i looked in settings and it has disappeared. Rebooting hasnt helped

Silentstory97
Community Member

Hi I have the exact same problem but I only got mine today. Just finished setting up everything but can't seem to find the Motion Sense option anywhere. If anyone has a solution, please share, thanx

MohakGarg
Community Member

Same  issue in India 

System firmware version: 324896
Cast firmware: 1.56.324896

Pupuni
Community Member

I too have the same issue..

Rangho
Community Member

Same here . Did u bought it from Flipkart?

riadhrom
Community Member

Having same problem with mine in Tunisia

choportrend
Community Member

Having the same issue in the Philippines. Newly bought Nest Gen 2. Any fix yet Google?

ArthurViot
Community Member

I have the same issue, and really need a solution, please!

PetroUA
Community Member

Some fresh details. When I first turn my nest hub on there were all those settings. But then the device update itself and settings disappear. 

Technical information

System firmware version: 11.20230306.3.112014

Cast firmware: 1.69.362882