cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't invite a home member in Google Home App

carlcronstedt
Community Member

Can't add new home member to a home in the Google Home App. I'm on Pixel 4A. Here are the steps I take

I choose a home from the drop down menu.

I click "Invite home member"

I click "+ Invite person"

Under the "Invite person" heading I start entering an email, a suggestion pops up and I click the suggestion to autofill the full email of the person I want to invite. The "Next" button turns blue (from grey).

I click the "Next" button, but nothing happens.

Ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

UnlimitedVis
Community Member

Same problem.  Zero progress, zero feedback from the app.

carlcronstedt
Community Member

I tested with a few other emails. Some worked, others did not. I think I figured out what the problem is. It seems like Google Home App only allows you to add members to your home based on emails connected to a Google account.

If this conclusion is correct, it also means you can't let other people access your Nest camera etc. if they don't have a Google account. In either case, there should be an error message or explainer or something instead of just nothing happening when you click an activated blue "next" button to add a member to your home in the Google Home App.

Hey there,
I appreciate you taking your time to let us know about a feature that you would like to see. Feedback like this helps us constantly improve our products and services by knowing what we are doing right and what we can work on. 

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions, comments, or concerns.

Best regards,
Garrett DS

carlcronstedt
Community Member

@GarrettDS -- I wasn't suggesting a feature. I was reporting a bug. Many users are experiencing the same issue. Keep us posted if there are any steps taken to solve it.

Hey there, 

I'm sorry that there was a misunderstanding of your message. If you're still having issues with this after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I would suggest sending feedback to our engineering team through this link so that they can investigate this. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Best regards,

Garrett DS

Hey there,
Just wanted to jump in here to check to make sure that you saw our response. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours.

Have a great day.
Garrett DS

Hey folks,
It looks like we haven't heard back from the OP so I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to create a new thread.

Have a great day,
Garrett DS