cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First Gen Nest Account Not Migrated and unable to sign in or reset password

karmavery5
Community Member

Hello. I have a nest account and cannot sign in or reset my password. It was never migrated to a Google Account and I used my aol id to sign in.  When I try to reset my password ( a dozen or more times over the past month) it does not send a link to that inbox or spam. I set up a new gmail account and was able to reset my thermostats and get those on it but my outdoor wired google cameras cannot be migrated or reset.  I also cannot cancel my nest subscription because I cannot log into the account.  How do I reset the nest password on the legacy account (which is not gmail) so that I may sign in if the system does not send me a password reset?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@karmavery5 

The most likely reason for not receiving a reset email is because the email address is incorrect and is not the one previously used for your account. But you could try contacting Support to see if there is a problem on Google Nest's end that is preventing sending out password reset emails:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

karmavery5
Community Member

I followed the steps to try and get help.  I do not see anything titled "Contact Options" after selecting Resources then Next Step.  It does not give me the option to get a phone call or chat.  This is frustrating as I want to cancel this subscription asap.  I also want reimbursement for the Google Cameras (3) that are outside and I cannot reset those and add to my new Google account.  I will file in small claims court since nobody will help.  

@karmavery5 

Do NOT select anything on the "Resources" page; just click "Next step".