cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google home not functioning

Jody2
Community Member

 Google Home issues

Jody2_0-1702927187261.png

Jody2_1-1702927187262.png

Jody2_2-1702927187262.png

Jody2_3-1702927187262.png

FIRST ISSUE:

Music has unlinked from my Apple Music

It now won’t link to any music as there are no options

All attempts to link or ‘add’ Music through Settings in Google Home gets the following page - stating as per attached screenshot:

“The Assistant will use your default music provider when asked to play music. You can still play music using all other linked providers when specified.

Your music services

No default - Use other accounts' preferences on shared devices”

ISSUE 2

I reset the app and reloaded multiple times, then deleted the home to try to reboot and resolve the above issue

It did not work - still have no music options to link to

And since I have not been able to add the full suite of devices I previously had on the app - including Google wifi nest mesh system and a number of speakers

The device loads to a certain point and then when it comes to connecting to the assistant function I get the following error message

I also then cannot remove the device and start again - it will not proceed past the error message

Getting the following error message as per the attached screenshot:

“The operation couldn't be completed. (kGSKErrorDomain

error -83902.)”

ISSUE 3

Google home now has no options under any of the settings including video, podcast etc - stating message as per attached screenshot and following:

“There are no video providers available.

Availability

Available on Google Assistant speakers, iOS 10.0+ devices and Android 6.0+ TVs”

IMG_9797.png

2 REPLIES 2

pinda
Community Member

This is annoying, I can't add Netflix, Spotify or any of the media services to Google Home.

I get the samen "There are no video providers available" message.

coreybirtles
Community Member

This latest update has literally BRICKED our entire system and I’m about ready to throw Google Home. It’s been more and more glitchy with every update and it was consistently stopping music or switching from single speaker to multiple speakers. It doesn’t feel like there is any testing to recent updates as it feels like things are getting worse. Like when I say “Hey Google, stop” she talks back to me and wants to know which speaker I want off when there are no other speakers playing. And then she responds with “there has been a problem, try again later”… no sh!t, Sherlock! @Google - fix your stuff or I’m throwing the 1000s of dollars investment in the trash and switching.