cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Legacy Nest Account - Can't reset password

trish1400
Community Member

I have a Nest Account (one that hasn't been migrated to my Google account) with two thermostats on it.

I somehow got logged out and didn't know the password - I requested a password reset, I get the email but after I enter the new password (twice) it says "Oops! We've encountered an error. Please try again".

This has been an issue for months and every now and then I tried it again in the hope it's been fixed - but now I'd really just like remote access to my thermostats back. 

I'm happy to migrate to a Google account once I've got back in, but I'd like all my account history and learnt data so I don't want to reset the thermostats.

Please can you help or tell me who to contact to get help?  I tried to go through some contact thing and it recommended I send a DM via Twitter, which I did and got no reply.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Britter33
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. When I go to reset my legacy Nest password, I don't even receive a reset email for the password 

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

These are Google Nest's instructions for changing or resetting your Nest Account password, including links if the instructions don't work:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/10371718