cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

SOLVED: Presence sensing stopped working with Samsung phone (and how to fix)

ogsv
Community Member

Just wanted to share this, as it has surely happened to more people recently.

So after a software update of my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra a couple of weeks ago, my lights stopped turning on when I come home, and I stopped seeing events like "your phone came home" in the Home app activity tab.

Today when looking for something else, I noticed in the Home app settings, Presence sensing, that it was using "another phone" for location based presence sensing. I don't have another phone. My conclusion is that the broken software update from Samsung changed the ID of my phone in some way, causing the Home app to recognise it as a different phone.

The fact that my online banking app also stopped working further strengthens this suspicion.

Anyway, all I had to do to fix it was to tell the Home app to "use this phone instead". And the world's back in order....

1 REPLY 1

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @ogsv 

Thanks for that info and I've had that happen in the past as well. 

Home and Away is a great feature but sometimes what tells it to be "home" or "away" gets changed up by an update from Samsung.😉

Again, thanks for the post that will most certainly help other Community members in the future!