cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Watch YouTube subscriptions in Google Home Nest 2 / Logging in into Youtube from the browser

Smile67
Community Member

Hi all, I have bought Home Hub 2 device few months ago to watch podcasts on YouTube. I was very disappointed to see that Google failed to execute it properly on their own device, but I have managed to find a workaround by setting a voice command to a webpage opening YouTube, and then I can navigate to subscription list on screen. However recently it stopped working: YouTube asks me to login into my account, and when I try to do that, it says that "the browser or app may not be secure". Seriously?! Guys, this is YOUR platfor, and YOUR device and YOUR browser, they come from the same brand name -  why do they not connecting to each other?! Is there any way to update the firmware or install some new browser to enable logging in into my YouTube account from the Google hub 2 browser?

1 REPLY 1

SmartHomeH-TAGS
Community Member

I made a Remote Control for my Android phone to stream YouTube channels, Spotify music and Security Cameras.

At the press of a button the video or music starts on my Nest Hub, Nest Hub Max or Chromecast. 

The Remote uses Google Home routine shortcuts. 

<span;><span;>https://youtube.com/shorts/7ri3z0lnIGc?feature=share

Screenshot_20240306-074823_One UI Home.jpg