cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Delete Clips

deanbrady
Community Member

I bought into Nest way back ( a LOT of money btw) and even paid for the individual camera subs to get extra recording etc.   Back then I could log into the web and see each camera and all of the individual clips I'd saved.    I had moved to Wyze cameras a while ago (due to cost).   Since I have 4 Nest Cams laying around I decided to set them back up and pay for Nest Aware.   I just tried to save a clip and get an error that says I have 3 hours already and to "you need to delete some clips before you can create new ones".    Yet there is now no way to do that beyond deleting ALL VIDEO HISTORY?    What in the world?    Just another case of Google having no clue when it comes to UX.   So I basically have to delete all my video from all cameras since I can't get to any one camera's specific clips?   WOW.   Back to Wyze.   WAY Cheaper, better features and a dev team that is actually paying attention.

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@deanbrady 

You do NOT have to delete ANY of your 24/7 or event video history. You get a maximum of 3 hours of SAVED video clips stored on the cloud, so all you need to do is download and delete some of your saved clips so you have some storage space available.

It's been this way ever since we've had a Nest Aware Plus subscription since 2020.

"You can save up to 3 hours of video clips in the Nest app. If a clip is too big to be saved in the remaining storage, the app will tell you that you're out of storage space. You'll have to download and delete clips to make room before you can save a new clip."

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9207572

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I think what it means is you have more than the maximum of 3 hours of clips you made and saved from the website.  Go to home.nest.com and login in and you should see all of your cameras (if they are up and running).  At least one camera must be up and running.  Select it so you can see the live image.  Then in the lower right corner you should see the CLIPS icon. Click on it and then view SAVED CLIPS. There you will see your saved clips and you should be able to start deleting some or all.