cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do not buy Google Brand Home Doorbells And Cameras if you expect to view them on a Google TV with Ch

jestorck1
Community Member

Do not buy Google Brand Home Doorbells And Cameras if you expect to view them on a Google TV with Chromecast (Brand New Hisense 65" U7K).
Video will not cast to TV. All you get is grey screen with camera with strike thru.
I spent an hour on Google Chat. They had me reboot router, delete and reinstall Google Home, reinstall the devices (Doorbell, Camera, Mini Hub) two times and nothing solved the problem. This problem shows itself in posts that go back over a year in various forums.

I have also contacted Hisense Chat and they confirmed TV settings were correct and had me basically do the same steps as Google. No resolution.

I then tried Wyze, Eufy, and Arlo webcams. Wyze and Eufy would load into Google Home where they could be viewed on a iphone, ipad, or mini Google hub but would still not cast to the TV.
Arlo would not even load into Google Home.
Chats with each resulted in pretty much the same steps as the Google Chat.
This problem with casting to a TV has been going on for over a year.
The Manufactures I chatted with basically said it was a problem with the Google Home app and their apps (which link with Google Home app) are not likely to function correctly until Google fixes the Home App.
There is nothing to indicate this is a priority so don't look for TV integration anytime soon.
Thanks Google. You're company is a real piece of work. Your Google Home Advertising/Benefits are fraudulent. Google Home/Google Assistant do not cast to a Google TV with Chromecast.

0 REPLIES 0